GENERAL INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS AND READERS
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS AND READERS
1. Publication: The Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering is published half-yearly in January and July as two issues per annual volume. This will be published both in printed form and soft copy form (archived in the Library of the University of Dhaka as digital form for the reader). The electronic version will be open accessed in the website of the journal.
2. Subscription Information: Subscription price per issue is Tk.100.00 (Inland)/US$15.00 (Foreign). Subscription orders should be sent to: The Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, Dean Office, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Curzon Hall campus, Dhaka University, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
3. Editorial Correspondence: Editorial correspondences should be addressed to the Editor, The Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, Dean Office, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka1000, Bangladesh. Email: email@example.com, Phone: +8801518333993
4. Scope: The Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering publishes original research papers and short communications submitted by the teachers and researchers of the University of Dhaka as well as distinguish researchers from home and abroad on any area of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology.
5. Submission Requirements:
The article should be on original research work that enhances the existing knowledge in the given subject area. Review articles and survey papers are acceptable, even though new data/concepts are not presented. Articles that have not been submitted for publication or published elsewhere and expanded versions of conference proceedings are eligible for submission. Experiments, statistical and other analyses ought to be of high technical standard and are described in sufficient detail. The article should have title, abstract, appropriate keywords (3 to 5), appropriate introduction, research model/methods, results and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgement, references and Supplementary data (if necessary). The author should follow manuscripts write-up guideline (Similar to IEEE double column format). All the pictures, diagrams and table should be clear and properly labeled. The article is presented in an intelligible fashion and is written in Standard English (either British or US). Appropriate references to related prior published works must be included.
Manuscript must be typed with double spacing (font size 11) on A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) page with moderate margins and the length of the manuscript should not exceed 10 pages.
Title Page: Should contain a concise and informative title of the article, name(s), email addresses, cell number of author(s) with academic or professional affiliation(s) and in case of joint authorship the address of the corresponding author should be mentioned clearly. Indicate all affiliations with a lower-case superscript letter immediately after the author's name and in front of the appropriate address.
Abstract: The title page should be followed by a page containing only the full title (short communication) and in case of a full paper, an abstract of up to 150 words briefly pointing out purpose, principles, main results and major conclusion. Non-standard or uncommon abbreviations should be avoided, but if essential they must be defined at their first mention in the abstract itself.
Keywords: 3-5 Keywords should be included at the bottom of the abstract page. The words already included in the title should not be included in the keyword list.
Introduction: A short literature review of latest and relevant prior works should be included. The motivation behind the research should be included in short at the end of introduction.
Materials and Methods: Materials used in the research work should be mentioned clearly and the methodology followed should be described in such a way that the work can be reproduced easily. Adaptation of literature methods should me mentioned with proper reference and any change made should be described clearly.
Result and Discussion: A clear and concise result discussion should be included, where the results obtained should be justified and authors should establish the significance of the results.
Tables, graphs and figures: Should be kept to minimum. Tables of data represented by graphs should not be included unless they are absolutely necessary. Please submit tables as editable text and not as images. Footnotes should be avoided as far as possible.
Conclusion: This section should summarize the outcome of the research and future directives for further expansion of the research. It should not repeat any comment already included in the abstract and result discussion sections.
Acknowledgement: Those individuals who provided help during the research (laboratory facilities, writing assistance or proof reading the article, etc.) should be acknowledged with due respect. Funding sources should also be mentioned with grant number (if any).
References: All references must be numbered consecutively according to their appearance in the text. Reference citations in the text should be indicated by square brackets, e.g., [1, 4, 5], and included in a numbered reference list at the end according to the following style:
For a paper in a journal: Alam, M.S. and M.D. Tokhi, 2008, “Dynamic modeling of a twin motor system: a genetic algorithm optimization approach”, The Dhaka University JASE, 56(2), pp 183-187.
For a book: Ghani, A., 2003, “Medicinal plants of Bangladesh” 2nd ed, Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Dhaka-1000, pp 69-70. For a paper in a contributed volume: Zadeh, I.A., 1974, “Calculus of fuzzy restrictions”, In: I. A. Zadeh, K.S., Fu, K. Tanaka and M. Shimura (ed), Fuzzy sets and their applications to cognitive and decision processes, Academic Press, NY.
A cover letter signed(scanned signature) by the corresponding author must be submitted with the manuscript. The letter should state how the paper fits the Aims and Scope of the journal. Failure to include the cover letter will result in returning the paper to the author.
6. Field of Interest:
Electrical and Electronic Engineering: Electron Devices, Optoelectronics & Photonics, Photovoltaic’s, Electronics, Electronic Systems, Circuits and Systems, Smart Grid and Sustainable Energy, Renewable Energy, Biomedical Systems, Biometrics, Signal Processing, Healthcare System, Remote Sensing & Geosciences, Communication Systems, Antennas and Wireless Propagation, Device Fabrication, etc.
Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering: Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Electrochemistry and Electrochemical Engineering, Chemical Technology, Chemical Industry and Market Analysis, Catalysis, Chemo metrics and Computational Chemistry, Nanotechnology and Materials Science, Analytical and Organic Chemistry, Fuel Technologies, Unit Operations and Separation Processes, Environmental Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, Climate Change, etc.
Computer Science and Engineering: Advanced Computer Architecture, VLSI, Sensors & Embedded Systems, Networking, Internet Technologies, Cloud Computing and Data Center Technologies, Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, DNA Computation, Software Engineering Technologies, Database, Data Mining and Big Data Analysis, Data Structure and Algorithms, Software and Systems Security, Quantum Computing, etc.
Nuclear Engineering: Infrastructure Development for Nuclear plant, Nuclear Education Responses, Potentiality and Challenges, Nuclear Energy Applications in Industries and Agricultures, Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Safety, Security and Safeguards, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Regulatory Systems, Research Reactor Utilization, etc.
Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering: Mechatronics, Automation, Control Systems, Robotic Systems Modeling, Optimization, Simulation and Experiments, Industrial Automation, Process Control, Manufacturing Process. Aero-space Robotics and Challenges, Military Robots and Drones, Humanoid Robot, Human- Robot Interaction, Medical Robotics, Intelligent Robotic System.
7. Submission of Manuscript: Authors should submit two soft copies (pdf format) of the manuscripts to the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) following the style and format of the journal. One copy must be exclude authors names, affiliations and acknowledgement, this copy will be used for review process. The authors, at the time of submitting their manuscript, must certify that the work was carried out by the author(s) and the contents of the paper were not published before or submitted for publication in any other journal (consent of every author is required for submission). If the article was previously rejected after peer review with encouragement to update and resubmit, then a complete “list of updates” must be included in a separate document. The list of updates should have the following regarding each comment: a) reviewers’ concerns, b) authors’ response to the concerns, c) actual changes implemented. In order to assist the referees, authors are requested to furnish copies of relevant unpublished or inaccessible references.
8. Editorial Process/Review Process: All papers will be peer reviewed. The editor will process the paper in consultation with the departmental member of the editorial board, and the authors should incorporate necessary changes as suggested by the reviewers as well as the editorial board. The editorial board follows “blind review” process where the authors are not revealed to the reviewers in order to allow concentration on content. Usually two (peer review) reviewers will review the paper. If they made contradictory reports with each other (80 to 100% difference) then the editorial board may assign third reviewer to make decision. If both reviewers reject the paper then it will be rejected. Similarity check should be done on each paper using existing software of the University of Dhaka or other reputed one and the paper will be not be selected for publication until its similarity index is less than or equal to 25 %. Final decisions on the papers will be made by the editorial board on the basis of the reports of the reviewers and similarity index. The editorial board will notify to all authors of acceptance or rejection of papers.
9. Proofs: Corresponding author will receive a draft copy of his/her article after editing by the journal committee for final printing, which should be corrected and returned within seventy two hours of receipt. No new material should be inserted in the text at the time of proof reading, except where prior permission has been obtained from the editor.
10. Offprints: Fifteen offprints of each paper, or short communication, published in the journal will be supplied free of charge. Additional offprints may be ordered at cost price at the time of returning the corrected proof copy.
11. Submission Fee: For each paper, total Tk. 1000 is required to pay during submission if any author/authors are affiliated to Dhaka University. However, if none of them is affiliated to Dhaka University, the amount will be Tk. 2000 for the same. Payment may be made in cash to Journal office or to bank account No. 0200000978621 (Account Name: D.U. Journal of Applied Science & Engineering) Agrani Bank Limited, Dhaka University Branch, Dhaka.
|Return to Policies & Guidelines|